Good to have:
- Extra bicycle tyre inner tube and tyre lever.
- Pump or CO2 cartridge.
- Repair kit.
- Multi-tool with hex key.
Before you leave:
- Check the brakes.
- Check tyre pressure.
- Check saddle height.
- Check that your handlebar is secured.
- Our guide ”Cycling in Luleå” and a cycling map with all cycle paths in Luleå is available to collect from the Luleå Tourist Center.
- A bicycle pump can be found by the bus station at the Storgatan-Hermelinsgatan intersection.
When cycling, you almost always have to adhere to the same rules as when driving a car. As a cyclist, you should cycle on cycle paths and if there is no cycle path you should keep to the side of the road. At pedestrian crossings, hop off and walk your bike across. If you cycle across a pedestrian crossing you have a duty to give way to both pedestrians and vehicles. Look carefully when crossing a busy main road, generally you have a duty to give way. Follow the routes in this guide at your own risk.
- Bicycle helmets are compulsory for everyone under the age of 15. You are recommended to always wear a helmet whilst cycling, regardless of age.
- Your bicycle must have a bell.
- Front and rear lights and reflectors must be mounted on your bicycle. A white front light and a red rear light (applies in darkness).
- Cycling on the pavement is prohibited.